Become a Member
An erased piece of history cannot be retrieved. The time for ensuring that California’s artifacts continue to be preserved and accessible for citizens to learn from is now. Your generous support preserves cultural history for future generations.
We make membership meaningful.
As a member, you get more than just the satisfaction of playing an important role in preserving California’s rich cultural heritage and supporting invaluable programs like the Braille & Talking Book Library.
The Foundation is proud to offer many useful benefits and privileges to our generous members, such as:
- Borrowing Privileges: Register for your California State Library borrower card to:
- Access to subscription databases
- Borrow up to 75 circulating items
- Clearance for courier pick-up of items checked out to your account
- Advanced request and hold of materials (some restrictions apply)
- Subscription to the Bulletin with information on new collection items, essays by noted California authors, updates on new learning services, Foundation-sponsored exhibits, and public programs.
- Discounts on select Foundation publications.
- Invitations to programs, exhibits, seminars, and special California State Library events around the state.
Tailor Your Contribution
There are many ways to support the efforts of the California State Library Foundation, big and small, and as an individual or an organization. Contributions to the Foundation are never used for general operating costs of the State Library.
Individual annual membership starts at $40.00 and may be purchased for yourself or as a gift for a friend or family member.
Target Your Contribution
You can pledge your financial support to a specific program or make a general contribution to the Foundation for use where your gift is needed most.
The Foundation accepts planned gifts, such as bequests, interests in trust, and tax-advantaged donations of appreciated property in support of your philanthropic goals. We will provide the appropriate information for your attorney, accountant or other estate planning professional needed for your charitable and financial planning.
Donations may be made in honor of a loved one.
Use our online membership form to select your membership level and submit your contribution.